Sunday, September 12, 2010

In Which We Return

Gentle Reader,

I am pleased to announce that, thanks to the generous support of a year long fellowship, I am once again able to attempt to conduct research. Rather than return to the humdrum life of a graduate student at a Midwestern university, I am free to dissertate. I therefore present to you a second season, if you will, of archival investigations, cultural perambulations, and personal tribulations.

However, not unlike a long running tv series desperate to boost sagging ratings, there is a twist – no longer am resident in London, but instead have moved to the continent and to the Netherlands. Having researched the English side of my dissertation, it is now time to do the same for the Dutch half. So, while I hope to still pepper this space with a few more anecdotes from the British Isles, I will now predominantly be writing about my life in the Netherlands.

First though, at the request of my patrons, I must herewith state that this blog is in not the official blog of any grant, fellowship, or program. Likewise, the views expressed here are solely my own and are not those of any grant program, government department, or their partner organizations. They are mine and mine alone.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment